On June 20th, we launched our month-long celebration of Apollo 11’s historic moon landing. Since then, many, many have been shared across GeekMom and GeekDad, looking at the occasion from many different perspectives. In case you missed any, here’s a recap of all the content from our Apollo Month.
Apollo Month Book Reviews
- Stack Overflow: To the Moon!
- Field Trip to the Moon by John Hare
- Capturing the Universe by Rhodri Evans
- Space Dogs by Martin Parr
- Picturing Apollo 11 by J.L. Pickering and John Bisney
- The Apollo Missions for Kids by Jerome Pohlen
- Space Race by Ben Hubbard
- Space Record Breakers by Anne Rooney
- The Spectacular Journey Into Space by Kevin Pettman
- Girls on the Up by Linda Newberry
- Apollo’s Legacy: Perspectives on the Moon Landings by Roger D. Launius
History, Memories, Places, and Events
- Our Space Program Memories – Collaborative Post
- The Best T-Shirt Ever to Celebrate – Patricia Vollmer
- Apollo 25 Year Stamps and Lunar Gravity With Buzz – Skip Owens
- My Family’s Saturn V Obsession – Patricia Vollmer
- Visiting the National Space Centre, UK – Sophie Brown
- My Time Working on the ISS – Michael J.
- Broadcasting (Again) From Australia – Evil Genius Mum
- CAPCOM Go! – Sophie Brown
- Experience Apollo 50th in Real-Time (Or On Your Own Time) – Amy Weir
- How the News Reported the Apollo 11 Landing – Rob Huddleston