Here is the board game (and board game-related!) news that caught our attention for the week ending November 26, 2021.
- To all of our US readers, we hope you had a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
- Of course, that also means it’s holiday sale time, and your favorite game company is likely joining in on the fun. Just a few of the sales we’re aware of:
- Portal Games has discounts on many of their most popular titles.
- AEG’s sale isn’t obvious from their website, but they are offering 50% on Inner Compass, Istanbul Dice, Scorpius Freighter, Atelier: The Artist’s Studio, Cheaty Mages, The Captain is Dead: Lockdown, and all micro-expansions. They are also offering the Thunderstone Quest: Barricades retail edition free with the purchase of Thunderstone Quest retail edition.
- Pandasaurus is offering as much as 77% off some titles and free shipping on orders over $80.
- Renegade has buy one, get on free offers and discounts on gaming bundles.
- Tabletop Simulator is 50% off this week.
- Cool Stuff Inc and Miniature Market both have lots of titles on sale.
- Bezier Games has announced two new maps for Maglev Metro, coming next year.
- Tiny Minstrel Games is liquidating their remaining inventory through Cool Stuff Inc.
- Games Workshop has announced new policies against players displaying affiliation with hate groups after a Spanish tournament was unable to expel a player wearing clothing depicting Nazi imagery due to Spanish law.
- Blacklist Games is set to release MegaMan Adventures, a board game based on the popular video game franchise. The co-op game is due out in the first quarter of next year.
- Sails of Glory, a game I definitely don’t get to play enough, is adding a new setting, Spanish galleons, and most excitingly, historic pirate ships, according to DiceBreaker. Due to the continuing supply chain crisis, no release date has been set.
- Dungeon Fighter, a cooperative dexterity game, is coming soon from Luma Imports.
- Renegade is taking preorders for Artisans of Spendent Vale, a “cooperative adventure game set in a magical and unique land.” The story-driven game is due out in late 2022.
What We’re Playing
Finally, here’s what the GeekDads played this week:
Paul Benson played Final Girl and Dune: House Secrets.
Jonathan Liu played The 7th Continent.
Robin Brooks played Aeronautica Imperialis.
Michael Pistiolas played Andor: The Family Fantasy Game, Azul, Barnyard Bunch, Can’t Stop, Unicorn Glitterluck: A Party for Rosalie, and Marvel Champions.
I played Cascadia, The Crew: Mission Deep Sea, and Something Wild! Star Wars The Mandalorian: Grogu, our featured image this week.
Click through to read all of “Re-Roll: This Week’s Tabletop Game News for the Week Ending November 26, 2021” at GeekDad.If you value content from GeekDad, please support us via Patreon or use this link to shop at Amazon. Thanks!