Warehouse 13 is back for its fifth and final season, although not for long. With only six episodes due to air the show will be over for good before we know it, and all of us fans will have to bid a sad farewell to Pete, Myka, Artie, Claudia, Jinksy, HG, and the rest of the team. Until that day we’ll be posting episode recaps and reactions so please join us to discuss this brilliant show.
Highlights of this week’s episode:
- The artifact-fueled battle between Paracelsus and Claudia as the Warehouse itself attempts to protect her.
- “You’re wasting your time, Voldemort.”
- Artie & Jinks’ increasingly dangerous attempts to break through the barrier.
- Myka’s exasperation on being the only Agent that reads the addendums to the manual.
- “Claudia! Claudia, wait! Do you think there’s a snack bar?”
- Unintentional Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. crossover with Centipede soldiers.
- “Oh, man. They have Borgs here?”
- Claudia and Artie’s constant bickering on matters of trust.
- Myka’s cyst was benign; or at least that’s what they’ve told us.
- Giant purple CGI bird!
- “I am still the same man that has loved you like a father since the day you put me in electrified handcuffs and kidnapped me.”
- Valda’s back; but is he the man we once knew?
Rumors are rife that the network execs have pushed a Pete/Myka romance plot on this season, much to the vocal disappointment of fans who hoped to see the strongly hinted Myka/HG relationship becoming canon. It was hard to tell from this episode what will happen between the two, because although there were certainly hints of a deepening relationship, Myka’s angry “I’m not your girlfriend, Pete” certainly suggests the opposite.
It was great to see the return of Mark Sheppard as Benedict Valda, and getting to see how the Warehouse could turn out under the influence of Paracelsus (his obsession with experimentation was as frightening as you might imagine). Hopefully next week will see the return of HG, more from Mrs. Frederic, and some answers about Claudia’s family.
Did you enjoy the season premiere? Should Pyka happen or should Bering & Wells become canon? Let us know what you think below! If you’ve not watched yet, catch up over at the SyFy website.