How late is too late to return a library book? When I was 6 or 7 I held onto a Postman Pat book for six months thinking I had already returned it; it had been hiding under the mattress in the crib I had for my twin dolls. Recently in Maine a book was returned 200 years overdue, now that’s taking it a bit too far I think.
- Starting on May 19, the New York Public Library will be dropping books off at subway stations and on park benches.
- Students in Australia are organizing a “mass book-borrowing action” to prevent the removal of 500,000 volumes.
- In Dorset, England, a proposal has been put forth to save 20 libraries from closures by buying fewer books!
- In Chicago, robots will now retrieve library books for you.
- Elementary school students in Cohocton, NY, formed a human chain to transfer books from a library to its new facilities.