As a network admin who is also in charge of company phones and iPads, I see our devices get tested to the max. Over the course of 10 years, I’ve come up with a list of things that even an Otterbox will not protect your phone from. I might be laughing now, but I promise you the employee who turned it in wasn’t at the time.
An Otterbox will not protect your phone from…
- Being crushed by a crane
- Dropping a drill on the screen
- Being whacked with a steel pipe
- Running over it with a riding lawnmower
- Driven over, multiple times, by vehicles on a major road
- Falling off a motorcycle on a major highway at highway speeds
- Riding your ATV through a swamp and tipping over with your phone in your pocket
- Dropping it on a condenser (that big piece of AC equipment that sits outside your house)
- Being left on top of a truck at a gas station then driven over by that same truck at the gas station
- Falling out of someone’s pocket while riding Rip Ride Rocket Rollercoaster at Universal Orlando (this was prior to the new rule about nothing being allowed in your pockets before riding)
BONUS! An Otterbox will also not protect your phone from an actual otter.