Like most other writers on GeekMom, I own a fair amount of headphones. Zagg seems to be the brand hitting my doorstep the most, though, and you won’t hear me complain about it. So far they’ve continuously had good sound, decent battery life, and if I were to buy another pair for a friend, they won’t break my bank account. The new iFROGZ Impulse Wireless headphones continue that trend.
Sensitivity: 120dB +/- 3dB
Frequency: 20Hz – 20KHz
Playing Time: 12H
Standby Time: 58H
Charging Time: 2.5H
What I liked:
- The band is comfortable and doesn’t put a lot of pressure on my ears.
- The noise-isolation isn’t cancellation and lets me here if someone comes up to talk to me, but doesn’t let me hear things like my keyboard as I’m writing this.
- They can go from wireless to wired with the included cable that has its own cable management system. This is great if they die on you while you’re out and about.
- One charge gives you 12 hours of play time and 58 hours of standby time. More than enough to get me through a workday.
- $60 is not a bad price for wireless over the ear headphones.
What I don’t like:
- 2.5 hours to charge is a lot for me.
- They don’t come with a bag to keep them safe in my backpack.
I can forgive the 2.5 hour charging time since in return I get 12 hours of solid play time. Breaking the math down for every minute of charging you get around 4.8 minutes of playback.
iFrogz have a good reputation in my house. I keep a set of their Bluetooth earbuds on my desk at work and a pair in my bag that I take everywhere. With the comfort of knowing they will get me through my work day without a second charge and the comfort they give to my ears, the new iFrogz Impulse Headphones are one more addition to my “block me out of the world” arsenal.
iFROGZ Impulse Wireless Headphones retail for $59.99 and come in three color schemes.
Disclaimer: GeekMom was given a review sample.