Did you love the game Connect Four as a kid? I sure did! It’s one of those classic childhood games. One of my favorite memories from elementary school involved an epic Connect Four tournament.
Now I am a parent and my children love Connect Four, just as I did as a child. It’s one of those games that we can all agree on.
Well, what if I told you that I have stumbled upon a 3-dimensional twist to that classic four-in-a-row game?
What if I told you that you could take your Connect Four love to the next level with an updated game that you can hold in the palm of your hand?
Well, it’s true. That’s where ThinkFun’s new Stratos Spheres comes into play.
My game-lovin’ family received ThinkFun’s new Stratos Spheres at no cost in exchange for a review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I only choose to review products that I would use with my own family and our family loves ThinkFun.
To say that our little family loves games would be a huge understatement. Games are a regular part of our family routine and I consider them to be a part of our homeschool curriculum. I am constantly on the hunt for educational games to add to our collection. Stratos Spheres definitely fits the bill! It has become an instant classic in our home.
Stratos Spheres: A 3-Dimensional 4-In-A-Row Game
Stratos Spheres is a three-dimensional twist on the traditional four-in-a-row game. This two-player game is recommended for ages 8 and up. The goal of the game is to be the first player to connect four spheres in a row, in any direction.
To play, each player selects a color and one player places one of his or her colored spheres onto the white neutral sphere and then passes it to his or her opponent. The players continue taking turns placing colored spheres. The first player to connect four colored spheres in a row is the winner.
What this mom loves about Stratos Spheres
I cannot tell you how many times we have played this game since it arrived at our door. Here are just a few reasons why Stratos Spheres has quickly become a family favorite:
- This is one of those games you can play right out of the box. It takes seconds to learn and yet…
- … it is challenging to master, making it a hit for children and adults alike.
- The game is recommended for ages 8 and up, but my 4- and 6-year-olds love to play too.
- Stratos Spheres works on those logic skills!
- The game requires no setup and cleans up in seconds.
- Stratos Spheres comes with a drawstring pouch making it a perfect travel game. My husband and oldest son spent many a wintry morning playing it together while my younger two were at ski lessons. It would be the perfect game to toss in your purse to have on hand for waiting rooms, restaurants, and travel.
- My children have successfully played this one in the car, making for more peaceful traveling!
ThinkFun does it again
Our family plays a lot of games. Some are fantastic while others are duds. ThinkFun has yet to disappoint us. The games are well thought out, educational, and, most importantly, fun.
Tell me: What is your family’s favorite ThinkFun game? Share here!