At $14.99, CLZ Comic Books is the most expensive app on my iPhone. It’s also the one that has saved me the most money at the comic book store.
I only started collecting comics two years ago, but in that time, I’ve amassed a humble collection of trades and monthly issues. It can be hard to keep track with what I’ve bought, read, and what I’m looking for at times. CLZ Comic Books helps me keep track of the books I have by keeping an inventory for me. Every time I pick up a new title, I scan the barcode with the app and it adds it to my collection. The app also gives me the option of adding a book to my wish list. This keeps my “wanting to read” and my “already bought” lists separate and easy to manage.
In the past, I found a book I didn’t think I had, only to get home and discover it on my shelf. This can get pricey if you pick up doubles of your graphic novels.
There are a few features of this app that I’m particularly fond of:
- It Keeps Your Books Organized. After scanning books into your collection, you can organize them in folders by publisher, series, or whatever suits your fancy.
- Barcode Scanning. The built-in barcode scanner helps you inventory your books quickly and efficiently. If the app finds more than one variation of the book, it will ask you which one you want to include.
- Back Up. You can back up your database to the cloud in case you need to switch to a new device. This is nice because it protects the time you’ve spent organizing everything.
- A Detailed View. For those who like to know all the details of their titles, CLZ will give you all the information you could ask for including writer, artist, issue plot, and characters.
- Edit and Add Personal Notes. Once you enter in a book, you can edit the details to include personal information, such as condition, location, purchase price, rating, whether it’s been read or un-read, tags, and personal notes about the issue.
Even though the app costs $14.99 in iTunes, CLZ Comic Books has already saved me more than that when I’ve gone to purchase a book I already had.
If you collect comic books or are an avid reader in general, you should consider CLZ Comic Books and CLZ Books (for literary titles) for your organizational needs.
CLZ Comics is currently available in the iTunes store and works on iPhone, iPad, and iPod devices.
GeekMom received this item for review purposes.
2 thoughts on “CLZ Comic Book App: An App Worth Its Weight In Books”
I use this app on a daily basis. It was worth every cent of the $15. I’ve had it for a number of months, and the only complaint I can think of is that when I add a book that’s on my wishlist to my collection, it doesn’t delete it from my wishlist. You have to either go in and change the status of the book manually instead of scanning it in, or scan it in and go to your wishlist and delete it. All told, I’m talking about a few seconds, but still, I love the barcode scanner, and this kinda renders it moot. Other than that tiny little thing, this app is great!
It handles large collections without breaking a sweat, and when you pair it with the desktop app, it’s basically an iTunes for your comics. Except it doesn’t suck. Hey-O!
Good job on the review!
I have switch to this app. I have a large collection of over 10k comics and many many different titles. It manages comics very well. But there are improvements to be made and the program team takes note of that. U can add large runs super easy and a thumbnail of every comic is cool. The index number is tiresome, it shows up to big , makes u think is the issue number and who really cares when u indexed it anyways….dumb. Edit page has no issue number which makes it a pain. Overall I think this will be the best app to have for inventory.
Comments are closed.