Back to Westeros! And beyond! It’s the second installment of our Season Three Game of Thrones Recap Tea Party, with Episode 3, “Walk of Punishment.”
This week Andrea and I were joined by fellow GeekMom Corrina, as we dish on all the goodies for this very charged episode. Emotions! Adventure! Snarky dialogue! (Minor spoiler warning for those who haven’t read the books).
Some highlights from the show:
- That opener! Andrea loves the opening with the introduction of the Tully family. What a way to encapsulate their relationships in one quick scene!
- Natania goes bonkers for the council scene where no one talks but everyone acts their pants off. And especially Tyrion.
- The young wolf cuts his teeth. Robb actually starts to show some character here!
- Even though there were only two short Brienne and Jaime scene, boy were they intense. Probably enough there to fill up a whole episode if we had time to talk about it.
- We all love Ser Barristan. And Ser Jorah. And the Blackfish. Enough said.
- Craster’s wives somehow ended up creepier than last time.
- What’s going on with Theon? That white horse was quite the touch.
- Corrina starts a discussion about the presentation of sex in this series vs. in Spartacus.
Let us know if you have any questions for next week. What were your favorite moments from this week’s episode?
Don’t forget to tune in next week!