GeekMom is very excited to announce our newest sponsor, Nannek, maker of interesting and useful apps for the iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone. Members of the Moms with Apps group, they also participate in the Apple educational discount program. Meeting an important need, they have created both Chore Pad HD for the iPad, and Chore Pad for the iPod Touch and iPhone.
As part of our introduction to Nannek, we’re holding a giveaway for ten redeem codes for Chore Pad HD (for the iPad). Chore Pad HD is fantastic for helping organize the family chores around the house. It is much more useful than regular chore charts. You can assign chores to specific family members and chart their progress. Chores can be repeated or assigned to any number of people. Use rewards to motivate kids or reluctant housemates! Even if you don’t have a family to organize, Chore Pad HD also works very well in other settings. Roommate situations, classrooms with and without special needs, and even adult home environments can all easily take advantage of this app.
Some other features include:
- Weekly and daily chore chart views
- Chore icons
- Fun sounds and animations
- Collect stars to “buy” rewards
- See all rewards received in the rewards history view
- Collect checkmarks to earn trophies
- Add chores to the Chore Chest for easy assignment to multiple users
- Customize chores for each user
- Set up repeat intervals and assign chores to any combination of days
- Drag and drop chore reordering
- User photo selection
- Data protection through the Settings application
- Star modifiers, you can add or subtract stars on individual chore cells
- Start Screen consolidates User, Chore and Reward management
- Start Screen provides quick access to Help, Social links, and Settings
Chore Pad HD has won second place in the 148 Best App Ever 2010 in the parenting category for iPad and the November 2010 Cool iPad Showcase award. It was featured as app of the week on Apps with Children for Special Needs for the week of March 6, 2011. It is widely reviewed and recommended for families and also for people with special needs.
To enter the contest for one of the ten redeem codes for Chore Pad HD, please comment on this post. Be sure to include contact information (email preferred). One entry per person. The ten winners will be chosen randomly from the entries. The contest ends at midnight Pacific Daylight Time on Friday, April 8, 2011. If you are not one of the winners, you can still purchase Chore Pad HD for $4.99 on iTunes, or Chore Pad (for iPod Touch and iPhone) for $2.99.