Here is the board game (and board game-related!) news that caught our attention for the week ending January 9, 2021.
- CMON has published a Designer Diary with a preview of the miniatures and gameplay of their upcoming Masters of the Universe game. They’re planning to launch it on Kickstarter later this year.
- Another video game is getting a cardboard adaptation. Slay the Spire: The Boardgame is a co-op game coming soon from Contention Studios. It’s also coming soon to Kickstarter.
- Games Workshop has released a huge update to Warhammer 40K, including new errata and clarifications and an overall points overhaul.
- Renegade has announced a Power Rangers Deck-Building Game, due out in April but available for pre-order now. The studio also posted a December re-cap.
- The Winter 2021 edition of Casual Game Insider is available to download now.
- Reiner Knizia’s Spiel des Jahres-nominated card game LAMA is getting a spin-off, LAMA Dice. It is supposed to be out this month, but the Boardgamegeek post doesn’t provide any more details beyond that.
- Award-winning game Wingspan is getting a spin-off book, Celebrating Birds, a bird-watching book with the artwork from the game. It’s due “wherever books are sold” in April.
What We’re Playing
Finally, here’s what the GeekDads played this week:
- Jonathan Liu played Potion Explosion and Tidal Blades: Heroes of the Reef.
- Paul Benson played Whistle Mountain and Unmatched: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Michael Pistiolas played Gloomhaven, New York Zoo, and Aeon’s End.
- Michael Knight played Goat Lords, Dominos, Haunted Mansion, and Catan: Starfarers.
- I played Forbidden Sky, Rummikub, The Crew: The Quest for Planet Nine (our featured image this week), and Hues and Cues.
Click through to read all of “Re-Roll: This Week’s Tabletop Game News for the Week Ending January 9, 2021” at GeekDad.If you value content from GeekDad, please support us via Patreon or use this link to shop at Amazon. Thanks!