Here is the board game (and board game-related!) news that caught our attention for the week ending August 7, 2020.
- Cryptozoic will be releasing Dark Nights: Metal, a new box set for the DC Deck-Building Game.
- Richard Garfield’s The Great Dalmuti, which has been a favorite in my family for 20+ years, is getting a D&D makeover. It’s got new artwork and card titles but remains the same great game as before. The game is available now from Amazon and your FLGS.
- If you have experience in digital modeling and sculpting, Gale Force Nine, which has game licenses for properties including Star Trek, Dr. Who, Dune, Firefly, and D&D, is looking to hire. No indication in the job post as to whether the position is remote.
- WizKids is expanding its WWE game universe with WWE: Cage Battle, a dice-flicking game. The game is available for preorder now.
- One of the parts that is disappointing about not having Gen Con is that we missed a lot of new release announcements, but Fantasy Flight at least has a page that outlines their upcoming titles, including the Fallout Shelter board game.
- Fantasy Flight has also announced that Armata Strigoi, a German metal band game featuring vampires vs werewolves, is coming soon from Pegasas Spiele.
- Czech Games Edition has announced Lost Ruins of Arnak, a deck-building/worker placement game of jungle exploration, coming in Q4.
- Sagrada: Life is a new expansion of the great dice placement game from Floodgate, which adds 3 modules that can be mixed-and-matched with the base game or other expansions.
- Santorini: New York is the new skin of the tactical game from Spin Master and Roxley.
GeekDad and GeekMom Reviews
- Sarah Pinault reviewed Jungle Cruise.
- Jonathan Liu reviewed Fort.
- I reviewed the Footloose Party Game, our featured image this week.
What We’re Playing
Finally, here’s what the GeekDads played this week:
- Jonathan Liu played Steven Universe: Beach-a-Palooza, The Night Cage, Mining Colony, Northgard: Uncharted Lands, In Too Deep, The Search for Planet X, Miyabi, Rhino Hero, Lucky Luau, and Fort.
- Michael Pistiolas played Gloomhaven, Stone Age, and Sentinels of the Multiverse.
- Sarah Pinault played Jungle Cruise, Munchkin, Sonic the Hedgehog Monopoly, and Cribbage.
- I played Disney Villainous, Last Defense!, and My Story.
Click through to read all of “Re-Roll: This Week’s Tabletop Game News for the Week Ending August 7, 2020” at GeekDad.If you value content from GeekDad, please support us via Patreon or use this link to shop at Amazon. Thanks!