Reading Time: 2 minutes
Geek Daily Deals – Coffee geeks who want to make great pours every day should try out this excellent conical burr grinder, for just $139.
As a pseudo-coffee geek (meaning I love good coffee, but I won’t overspend to make it), I was a bit heartbroken when the grinder on my 6 year-old Breville Barista Express started to fail. I did my research, and discovered it’s a known problem with a plastic part that pretty much can’t be replaced (some folks have 3D-printed solutions that involve tearing the unit apart, but I’m not that patient or handy), so my decision was to either replace the whole unit, or just replace the grinder. Economy won out and I started researching burr grinders. Because I’m pulling espresso shots, I have to use a burr grinder, so I can get the kind of consistent, finely-ground coffee that’s required (for a couple days I tried an old blade grinder we had lying around, and the results were pitiful). I checked multiple round-up reviews, and the overwhelming consensus that that the Baratza Encore is the perfect marriage of inexpensive price and superior function. So, I bought one (yes, this is a recommendation based on an actual purchase), and after a few days of use, I can strongly encourage people in the market to try it as well. Right out of the box, the grinds were more consistent and perfectly sized than what had been coming out of the old machine, and the shots were some of the best I’d pulled in quite a while. Highly recommended!
Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder:
- The Encore is lauded by coffee experts as THE go-to entry level grinder for those brewing coffee at home. The Encore gives a great grind for drip/manual brew and also grinds fine enough for espresso.
- Featuring 40 individual grind settings, from fine to coarse, the Encore can please any palate with its gamut of accurate and repeatable grind settings.
- The efficient DC motor keeps your beans cool, even during extended grind times, while a combination of electric and gear speed reducers slow the burr to 450 RPM, ensuring a smooth bean feed and reducing noise, heat and static buildup.
- A convenient, front-mounted pulse button makes it easy to grind on demand into your brew basket. Whether you are looking for an espresso grinder or a grinder to help you explore that extensive range of brew methods, the Encore is a great all around home grinder.
- Speed to Grind: .8 to 1.1g/sec.; Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz (227g); Grounds Bin Capacity: 5 oz. (142 g); Weight: 7 lbs. (3.1kg); Dimensions WxHxD cm: 12x35x16 cm; Power Rating (North America): 110 V AC 50/60 Hz. 1 Amp; Power Rating (Other): 230 V AC 50/60 Hz. .5 Amps; Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK; Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA
Did you miss yesterday’s Deals?
WE ARE AMAZON ASSOCIATES
Many writers on GeekDad & GeekMom are Amazon Associates, and the links included in some of our pieces will generate a small affiliate bonus from qualifying purchases.
Click through to read all of “Geek Daily Deals Jul. 21, 2018: Best Low-Price Conical Burr Coffee Grinder” at GeekDad.If you value content from GeekDad, please support us via Patreon or use this link to shop at Amazon. Thanks!