Sony Playstation’s E3 Briefing felt a bit…off tonight. Maybe it was because of the fanfare I saw last night at the Xbox briefing but this one left me a bit underwhelmed. The pace was manic. They went from video to video to video with little to no pauses. There was no chance for the audience to react. There were no explanations of why certain games were happening and who brought them to life. No developers to share their vision with us watching from afar. The folks running video for the live stream kept switching to cameras showing the theater from really far back while gameplay videos were running. It was a bit frustrating to try to watch. That said, Playstation, especially PS VR, had some impressive gameplay videos to share. Here are my top 7 takeaways from tonight:
- Playstation 4 Pro is available now. It will have 4k resolution capability and will enhance the visual experience even when not watching 4k media.
- Playstation 4 Pro is $399, which is $100 cheaper than Xbox One X.
- PS 4 Pro will NOT support 4k Blu-ray discs. To watch 4k content you will need to subscribe to a 4k streaming service.
- Detroit: Become Human was the most original title I saw featured. It is the story of androids who decide they’ve had enough of being owned and start to resist. But it is also so much more.
- Spider-man. Seriously, just watch the gameplay video.
- Playstation VR is becoming quite impressive. From beautiful fantasy cartoon games like Moss to the sweeping epic of Skyrim Edler Scrolls, Playstation delivers with VR on something that Xbox does not.
- They weren’t kidding when they said that “the new God of War trailer will give you chills.” It will.
I was a few minutes late to the live stream, but these are the 7 items that caught my eye. Did I miss any that you enjoyed?