Got the kids gathered in the backyard ready to play and party, but only the mundane sounds of the neighborhood fill the air? Forget the Frozen soundtrack for the 100th time, and don’t stress about taking your chances on a Pandora station. Just use GeekMom’s picks below for the perfect all-ages, slightly geeky soundtrack for a birthday party, playdate, or fun-filled family time together.
1. Birthday – Caspar Babypants (iTunes/Amazon)
2. Popcorn – Recess Monkey (iTunes/Amazon)
3. Why Is Dad So Mad? – The Board of Education (Bandcamp)
4. Roy G. Biv – They Might Be Giants (iTunes/Amazon)
5. KidQuake! – The Not-Its (iTunes/Amazon)
6. Thingamajig – Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band (iTunes/Amazon)
7. Rockin’ Little Neutron Star – Beth Nielsen Chapman (iTunes/Amazon)
8. Jet Pack – Recess Monkey (iTunes/Amazon)
9. I Scream, You Scream – Frances England (iTunes/Amazon)
10. Gotta Be Me – Secret Agent 23 Skidoo (iTunes/Amazon)
11. Googly Eyes – Caspar Babypants (iTunes/Amazon)
12. Recess – Justin Roberts (iTunes/Amazon)
13. Dance Happy – Danny Lion (Bandcamp)
14. Rock, Paper, Scissors – The Not-Its (iTunes/Amazon)
15. Meet the Elements – They Might Be Giants (iTunes/Amazon)
16. The Princess Who Saved Herself – Jonathan Coulton (iTunes/Amazon)
And, all right, maybe toss “Let It Go” in there for good measure.
Do you have any favorite kids’ songs to add? Let your fellow party planners know in the comments below!
This post was last modified on December 15, 2017 11:32 pm
GeekMom Elizabeth reviews the 'Star Wars Rivals' expandable game system from Funko Games.
A few weeks ago, we told you about Overlords In Training, the fresh new game…
Friends to enemies to frenemies to boyfriends--what's not to love? Check out this review of…
Last year National Geographic premiered a new television series, America’s National Parks, which took viewers…
Amid the announcement of the new pastel Joy-Cons and an unexpected sequel to gonzo multiplayer…
BTS made their big debut 10 years ago this month. Here's an easy illuminated DIY…