Summer’s coming to a close and your yarn stash is calling. What is a Geek Mom to do?
What. To. Do. Indeed.
While you’re thinking, consider the geek-out possibilities of Supercapacitor Yarn. You’re welcome.
Now check out our favorite knitting projects—in many cases with free patterns:
2. TARDIS (Free pattern.)
Those of us who have A Trusted Friend in Science should probably also check out these free Portal Afghan Charts from The Happy Hooker, which look like they may intarsia really well.
4. Baby Dalek Jumper (Free pattern by Alison Bitter on Ravelry.)
5. Star Trek Potholders (Free pattern at Off the Hook Astronomy.)
6. Binary Scarf (Free pattern at Knitty.)
7. Cthulhlu Mittens (Free pattern at Ravelry.)
8. Ukelele Case (Free pattern at Knitty.)
Yes, this one’s crochet… but it’s too cute to skip.
And there’s a Totoro amiguri over here.
10. One Ring Scarf (Free pattern by Diana Stafford at Ravelry.)
What are your favorite geek knitting patterns? Tell us in the comments.
And in light of your geeked-up knitting, you may want to use Instructables’ how-to-guide to make Lightsaber Knitting Needles.