I am utterly alarmed that our local Scholastic Book Fair warehouse was having it’s biggest sale of the year and I almost missed it. Never mind the fact that I need to build an extension onto my home to house all my current books, we’re talking 80% off here. Book sales are a great way to pick up old books and new memories. Make sure you don’t miss one near you this summer by using Booksalefinder.com or checking your local papers.
Here are a few must-do’s on my list. If you’re anywhere near Maine this summer, stop by — just don’t take that book I wanted!
- The Scholastic Book Fair – ends Saturday May 21st
- The Cornish Library – Saturday May 21st
- Catherine McAuley High School – Friends of the Portland Public Library – June 17-19
- Friends of the Scarborough Library – June 17-19
- Wells Public Library – Aug 13 – Wells is also home to one of the best used book stores in the state, Harding’s. It can only be found by getting lost trying to find Kennebunkport, true story.