Monster’s Lullaby, composed and performed by our own GeekMom Rebecca Angel, begs to be immortalized in video. Rebecca’s sweet voice provides a perfect contrast to the hysterically vivid lyrics. We gleefully note they include being boiled in soup and dragged by a disembodied arm.
This contest is open to all sorts of video treatment, from kids holding up a series of photos they’ve crayoned to parents dancing in zombie costumes to stop motion animation. Or whatever twisted cleverness the song inspires.
(Contest is over)
You have a month to polish your entry in one of three categories:
- Youth ages 11-18.
- Junior ages 10 and under
The deadline is April 21, 2012.
Your prize is the thrill, of course, of winning the First GeekMom Video Challenge. But we’re throwing in a few perks too. We’ll cross post the winning video on Wired.com. And we’ll send you some swag you didn’t know you needed (including Rebecca’s CD!).
Check out our rules below, listen to the song, and let inspiration scream on camera!
- Create a video to accompany the tune composed and performed by GeekMom Rebecca Angel, Monster’s Lullaby.
- Upload your video to YouTube. Your tags must include “GeekMom video challenge,” “Monster’s Lullaby,” and “Rebecca Angel.”
- Officially enter the GeekMom Video Challenge by adding your video URL on this GeekMom post as a comment. In the comment you must also note your video title and the category you are entering: Adult, Youth 11-18, Junior 10 and under.
- Submissions need to be your own and you must have rights to use all content within them.
- GeekMom is a family-friendly site. Videos deemed too violent or rude will be disqualified by a Panel of Easily Offended Experts.
Laura Grace Weldon is the author of a poetry collection titled Tending as well as Free Range Learning, a handbook of natural learning. She lives on a small farm with her family where she's working on her new project, Subversive Cooking.com. and blogging optimistically.