Welcome to the goblins guide to showing your guest a good time! This week we will be discussing some ways that Werfel made Martha Stewart proud and how you too can be the perfect host for an upcoming holiday house guest, elf, goblin, or in-law. And we might just be giving away a copy of The Assassination of Brangwain Spurge while we are at it!
- Provide a comfortable place for your guest to retire for the evening. Werfel had a guest room complete with pillow chocolates. If you are unsure if you’re guest can have chocolates, find out beforehand from a friend of a friend.
- Don’t be afraid to show who you are. Werfel kept his old skins hanging proudly and showed them off when his guest asked. Brangwain might have found these rather disgusting, but it was a cultural difference that separated them.
- Show your guest your neighborhood and explain its charms. Werfel went out of his way to show Brangwain all that his neighborhood had to offer and greeted all his friends in his native language complete with filthy insults. While Brangwain found this odd, Werfel took the time to explain how it was normal for Goblins to speak in that manner to each other.
- Don’t let your guest feel uncomfortable. If it looks like your guest is starting to feel out of sorts at a party, excuse yourself and make alternative plans. Werfel could see things were getting heated at the event they were attending and while he couldn’t understand the confusion, he quickly got himself and his guest out of the situation.
- Do show your guest a good time. Werfel took the time to get tickets to entertainment that he felt was both culturally impressive as well as entertaining for his guest and treated him to a good time.
Now, on to the giveaway!! One lucky USA reader can win a copy of The Assassination of Brangwain Spurge by M.T. Anderson; Eugene Yelchin just by filling out the form below. The winner will be announced one week from today by e-mail. Good luck!