Well, do you?
We’re looking to add to our fine roster of writers here on GeekMom, and would love to hear from YOU, if you’re interested!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Someone who is super crafty! The nerdier your ninja crafting skills, the better!
- Someone who has a knack for coming up with cool activities geek parents can do with their kids – toddlers to teens.
- Someone who is a Maker, anything from robotics to geeking up traditional DIY.
- Someone who is super tech oriented. Do you love gadgets? Do your palms itch to try out new devices? If Mashable and Gizmodo were sentient beings, would you have them on speed dial?
- Science! Are you involved in the field of science in some way? Maybe as a teacher, professor, or researcher? (Or MAD SCIENTIST who lives in a spooky castle with a neon light that says “boo!”)
- CosPlay! Are you the kind of person who thinks Halloween is a high holy day – but once a year isn’t enough for you? Do you know where the fabric district is in not only your town, but the towns that host major conventions? Are there random sequins all over your house? We’d love to hear from someone who will share their love for dressing up, and teach folks how to do it themselves!
- Are you a GeekMom who lives in the Los Angeles area? There’s so much cool geeky stuff that goes on here in Hollywood, we just can’t cover it all. And by “we,” I mean, “me,” since I’m the only GeekMom that’s in LaLa Land. I’m just ONE PERSON FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY. Please help me do and cover all the cool events and stuff that happen here on a regular basis.
If you are a mom-writer with a flair for the geek, and if any of those descriptions fit you perfectly, then here’s what I want you to do: I want you to send me a nice email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Kristen Rutherford (see all)
- Sleeping (Hopefully) With The Pajanimals - December 17, 2013
- From Up On Poppy Hill—A Gentle Golden Haze of Nostalgia - November 5, 2013
- Disney Junior in the House! - October 16, 2013